Back to All Events
- Osteoporosis causes weak bones, pain and fractures.
- Osteoporosis affects an estimated 3 million people in the UK.
- 1 in 3 women and 1 in 12 men over 50 will suffer from this debilitating and painful condition.
- Up to 25% of bone mass can be lost following six months of inactivity.
THE GOOD NEWS IS ...
- Osteoporosis is treatable at any age. It’s never too late to start.
- Bone mass can be increased by a healthy diet, supplements and regular exercise.
- We offer a personalised portable screening service to identify those at risk of developing osteoporosis, and advice for those already suffering.
WHAT TO DO NEXT
- We can assess your risk of osteoporosis, using an ultrasound scan of your heel and a detailed lifestyle questionnaire.
- We normally scan your left heel. Let us know if this is difficult for you.
- Use the buttons below to learn more detail about osteoporosis, to book your appointment with us, and to download the questionnaire.
- The questionnaire is detailed and takes about 10 minutes to complete. Please bring the completed questionnaire to your appointment.
- If you cannot download the questionnaire, please call Reception on 01985 213927 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will put one in the post for you.